Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Chappati
























Since we are still not well, here are some pics from last week before the bug. One of my daughter's favourite foods is chappathi - Indian bread. Usually I have it in my freezer from the Indian store, but sometimes I run out and we have to make it from scratch. Then I wonder why I buy it frozen as it's so easy, so yummy and so much fun to make together. Each family has thier own traditional recipe, but I usually just wing it with what I have in my pantry. This time I mixed two types of flour - millet and wheat, a little salt, poured some lukewarm water on it till it formed a nice soft dough. Pinched out a small ball from the big one and rolled it out on a floured surface till flat. Cooked it on a tawa (flat iron skillet) till both sides are nicely browned, and for that magic ingredient - some butter before serving. Delicious!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails